Next week, the Gafcon Primates arrive in Lagos, Nigeria, for the annual Primates Council meeting, between 25th - 27th April. I am writing to ask whether you would pray for this important gathering. Below are some specific points to help guide you.
Please pray for:
- The safe arrival of the Primates (archbishops), representatives and advisers from Gafcon provinces and branches.
- Clarity and understanding as the Council reviews Gafcon activity over the past 12 months (e.g. the inaugural Bishops Training Institute course) and considers a range of reports, including theological education and church planting.
- Plans for the 2018 Gafcon Conference in Jerusalem next June.
- Discussions about Gafcon policy in Communion matters and it's implementation.
- Discussions about further expansion and funding of the movement.
- The Gafcon chairman, Archbishop Nicholas Okoh, as he leads the three-day meeting.
- An uplifting time of fellowship.
Thank you so much for your prayers, they are greatly valued!
Your brother in Christ,